A Notary Public is a qualified Solicitor who can authenticate and certify documents for use in the UK and abroad. The Notaries’ signature and seal will verify to authorities in other countries that the relevant checks have been carried out in the UK.
A Notary Public can provide help with a wide variety of documents including:
- Affidavits in undefended divorces and for matrimonial homes
- Change of name by Deed Poll
- Certification for foreign jurisdictions or estates, court actions or Powers of Attorney
- Notarial execution for the blind
- Completion of documentation for registration in a foreign country
- Bond of Debenture
The Apostille certificate is used to legalise a document for use in another country. For example, if you need to present a document that originated in the UK, a birth certificate or a notarised document, you may be requested to attach an apostille. The apostille confirms that the signature, seal or stamp on a document is genuine.